So yesterday I met Owen's friend who he talks incessantly about and spends ALL his time at school with. From what I can tell. And I wasn't too impressed when I met him. So I had a talk with Owen later last night about how to choose your friends. I knew it didn't all sink in, but whatever, at least we had started the talk.
So tonight at dinner when I was going through the routine questioning about school he says, "I picked "John" as my friend. He knows God. And he obeys his parents."
Um....and you know this how? Of course. Because you asked him. He told me he simply asked him, "Do you know God? Do you obey your parents?" And with a simple yes the deal was done. I hope "John" didn't take it home to his parents. Dear Lord what am I going to do with this boy?
----
In other news, here are some Asher-isms. Keep in mind he can't say his "l"s or "r"s, so with the appropriate lisp it's all quite funny.
-Do I have 8 toes?
-(yelling at the top of his lungs, to me and Aaron)- Oh yeah? Well you're not my friend!
- (same tone)- Well then I love Papa and NOT YOU!
-I will only go to bed if one of you comes with me.
-I will only eat this dinner if I can have ice cream.
-(struggling in the cold, under-dressed, to get over the fence and pick up his shoes and go inside)-(crying) I'm having a really hard day!
And the real winner--
Asher why did you hit your brother in the eye with the sword?
My imaginary friend told me to!!
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
I'm due for some more quotes. I don't always realize how many funny things they are always saying . ..
Post a Comment