So Owen has the funny quotes this year. We sent my grandma a birdhouse that the kids painted. She sent us money to buy the kids some presents, so they have been looking at them (their first presents) under the tree. Owen said, "I hope she didn't send us a birdhouse."
So I explained at another point that Aaron's family is coming over on Saturday for the Peterson Christmas. So when he was later talking to Mimi, he excitedly explained, "All the family is coming over in 6 days just to bring me a present."
Yesterday Gigi brought over no less than 20 presents for assorted people coming to the Peterson family Christmas this weekend. Owen counted them up and said to me, "She loves me more than you because I have more presents." Funny, he's so mature sometimes, but this Christmas present ordeal is really sending him over the edge.
Tonight, he is again sick. I let him snuggle in bed with me and watch Polar Express. As he was falling asleep, with closed eyes, he whispered, "Mama, why does Santa wear red clothes and white things and a long beard and who chose him to be Sant Clause?" I hope he has sweet dreams.
Owen: "Can we open a present? How many days til Christmas? I hate Christmas because it NEVER COMES! Do you remember that time we opened a present every day? Can I open this little one? When is everyone coming over with a present for me?
Asher: Wet's just go to sweep. (Let's just go to sleep).
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment