Yesterday I was watching Owen and made a note to drink him in. He was riding his skateboard across the street, holding a rope and twirling it like a lasso. I don't really think he was trying to lasso anything, but the act of twirling it looked pretty fun.
All day he's been experimenting with that rope. He first asked for one so he could put it in a tree and climb up the rope into the tree. The only reason he wants to do that is because they climbed a rope up a rock face on the north shore, and his mind is like a steel trap. He successfully climbed a tree with it. Then he used it on their pull-up bar in their room. It broke; he found another one. Aaron showed them how to attach it to their zippers and pull their brother around by the zipper. Hmmm....
I think he is at the perfect age of boyhood and i want to remember him this way. He lost both his front teeth this week and today he has a new toothless smile. I've been waiting for him to lose his 2 front teeth, because to me, it's the perfect picture of boyhood.
Asher. Sweet Asher. They both got their hair cut short yesterday and it is so cute. He is growing up so fast. He is super sweet to Hannah. Tonight she was particularly upset and I kept asking for him to get me things- wipes, pacifier, etc. Each time I asked for something his eyes would light up, like he was thinking, "Yeah! That will make her happy!" He really takes good care of her. Owen does too. Today he watched her for over half an hour in exchange for some computer time. It was a great trade.
Asher is my dreamer. He can be found in la-la land fairly often. I have to remind him to do things often because he gets distracted by...everything. His great ideas, other things he wants to do, his brother... He prays for the same things every night: a pool, a playdate with his friend Liam, his grandparents. He snuggles with me every morning before the rest of the family gets up and drops into bed quickly each night. I love you Asher Sam.
Hannah is definitely 16 months. She is busy. Tonight we were having a particularly long and boring night and I opened up my craft drawer. I let her play with some buttons and things and turned to my phone. When I looked back up she had opened a container of glitter and it was everywhere. While I cleaned that up she opened another one.
But she is super sweet. She blows kisses, she waves. She points to dogs excitedly, and loves looking at books. She is great at wrestling with the boys. I went to KC this weekend with a friend and she definitely became Papa's girl. I heard she held her own with the fellas quite well.
...sorry- pics won't load. Will try again later!
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
I miss you Beth! Sounds like life with your little girlie girl is so sweet! And those boys too! Im jealous that you got to go to KC with a friend! Id like to do that with you someday!!
Post a Comment