Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sweetness

Owen climbs to the top of the rock wall (twice) in Texas and even rings the bell. Not scared for a second.




So Owen's first day back at preschool was yesterday. And I got absolutely no information out of him about his day, as usual. Luckily the teacher posts their themes for the week so I can ask educated questions instead of general ones. But later in the day the info sometimes leaks out. So right before bathtime he came and found me to sing me a song. And in his high falsetto voice he started singing to me, "My hands are yours, my hands are yours, I lift them up to you (picture the hand motions here), Halleluuuu-yah. My heart is yours..." So cute. I'm so glad someone else is teaching him songs about God because at some point you just get all tapped out and can't think of anymore songs to teach them.

It gives me a little pain that he won't be bringing home those songs next year- we chose the school he will go to next year and it's not the Christian school he's at now. But I loved the public school when I toured it today and I knew several of the teachers there, which gave me peace. So I guess I'll be back in the driver's seat teaching him about God- anyone got some new songs I can teach him? Thank goodness there's still Sunday school.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Input, output, your mind is a computer whose
Input, output, daily you must choose.

If your printout reads to lie or cheat
There's some data
you should delete.

Talk to Jesus
All the time
That's the way that you can
stay online!

Input, output, your mind is a computer whose
Input, output, daily you must choose.

:) Ask Aaron if he remembers that one. :)
auntie Rachel